Saturday, November 19, 2022

WHERE IS EVERYTHING!?

        SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2022

            WHERE IS EVERYTHING!?

     You've heard it said. The holidays are

hectic! Well I can bear witness to that fact

from personal experience1 Yesterday I had

the chore of doing some Thanksgiving

shopping. We needed some groceries and

a few other small items. I went to the Y

first and managed to get 4 and a half miles 

in on the treadmill before I headed over to

the market. Then I got about another two

or three miles in inside the market! You

see the operators of the market I happen

to pick just went through a major

revamping of the store! Nothing seems

to be where it used to be or where I knew

things to be! I'm told this is a marketing

ploy to get customers to look all around

the store in the hope they'll find things to

buy they didn't know they wanted or

needed. In my case it simply managed

to add an hour and a half to my usual 

half hour visit! Things have changed

so recently, and just in time for holiday

shopping by the way, that many of the

clerks don't have any idea where things

are. I looked for bandaids near the

pharmacy. No sign of them. Half

way across the store I asked a clerk if

she knew where I could find them.

She said she thought she had seen them

"a few rows down that way" when she

walked by that area recently. Well at 

least her recollection was good because

I went "down that way" and did come

across bandages. Some time back I

floated an idea and it may be time to

get it out there again. We all have

GPS devices in our cars. Even in our

cell phones. Maybe the markets should

start offering apps that tell us where

everything is!? We could scan a bar

code on their front door and go right

to anything we need. Like bandages!

They could even give their employees

the app for people who come in without 

a phone! It would sure make things a

lot less hectic! Hope you're finding

everything you need, quickly, and that

all your NEWS is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment