Monday, April 8, 2019

IT'S IN THE BAG! (OR IS IT?)


      TUESDAY, APRIL 9TH., 2019
      IT'S IN THE BAG! (OR IS IT?)

     I stopped at Walmart Monday to
pick up a couple small things we
needed at the house. Counting the
can of Span I just couldn't pass I
had 5 items.
      There was a time when the giant
box store had a separate check out
lane for those with 15 items or less.
Of course a few customers rounded
that number off to about 30 but it
was still a fairly fast check out.
       Some time back those "express
lanes" were replaced with self check
out scanners. If you don't mind
scanning your own items and feeding
your cash or credit card into a machine,
and bagging what you bought, this lane
is for you.
       Generally I like to go through the
lanes with live cashiers. I've come to
know a few of them, at least by face,
and enjoy our exchange of a few "how's
the weather" type comments.
       With just 5 items, however, I
figured self check out might be my
best bet. Until I saw the lines!
        For a second I thought the store
was handing out money. There had to
be 20 people waiting to use the scanners.
      I headed to the store's other self
check out counters but found them
closed and roped off! Had these fairly
new machines broken down already?
       Nope. The second self service
counters were closed because the
store had run out of bags in that
section!
        I wish they would have let me
know. I have a substantial collection
of Walmart bags I keep at home to
use in our trash cans. I would have
brought some in if just to speed up
my check out!
        I still did my part and put all
my 5 items into a single bag!
       Hope they restock soon and
that all your NEWS is good!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment