Saturday, April 20, 2019

THE EGGS AND I


    SUNDAY, APRIL 21ST., 2019
            THE EGGS AND I

   Happy Easter everybody!
   I managed to find myself at two
Easter egg hunts Saturday. There
were more to be sure but two was
all I could handle.
    The Plains Lions Club has been
conducting an egg hunt for area
kids for many years as has the
Borough Of Wyoming.
     They've pretty much got it down
to a science and thanks to their many
volunteers hundreds of youngsters
get a big thrill connected to the
holiday.
      I was dressed for the occasion,
although I suspect not too many
people noticed. I was wearing my
T-shirt from "Harvey's," a bar/
restaurant from Saratoga Springs
New York. There's a big rabbit on
my shirt!
      For those who remember the
classic movie "Harvey" the
principal character. is a 6 foot tall
"Pooka," a giant rabbit who's only
seen by Jimmy Stewart in the film.
I think I've seen him a few times
myself!      
       The egg hunt operators divide
their fields into separate sections
depending on the child's age. That
way the 3-year-olds don't have to
compete with the 6-year-olds as
they rush onto the field searching
for their eggs and the prizes inside,
        I've got to give a lot of credit
to the folks who organize these egg
hunts. It's a lot of work!
        My only complaint is one I've
expressed before. Hard as I looked
I couldn't find the egg field set aside
for 76-year-olds!
         Hope I find one next year and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment