Sunday, April 7, 2019

THE FLEA MARKET FAMILY!


   MONDAY, APRIL 8TH., 2018
  THE FLEA MARKET FAMILY!

    My wife and I checked out a couple
of Flea markets over the weekend. As
I pointed out in a blog last week you
never know what you're going to find
or why you suddenly see something
you didn't come for but know you just
have to have!
     That's how my wife ended up with
a circular saw at our first stop. I didn't
know she needed one. She tells me she
wants to build "things." I suppose as
long as it's not a magician's "saw a
person in half trick" I'm OK with it.
      My next surprise came at the
second market.
      Vendors there, like those at all the
Flea Markets, are trying to make a
buck peddling items they don't need
anymore or, in many cases, that they've
crafted themselves.. Each runs their own
little kiosk and, to some degree, they
compete with one another.
       At the market in Freeland, however,
every vendor seemed to be encouraging
us to go to the back of the shop to check
out a big bake sale and basket drawing.
       The prizes were as good as anything
you'd find in the market and the baked
goods were lined up on several tables,
        It seems one of their fellow
vendors and his wife recently lost their
home in a fire. Their colleagues were
encouraging every customer to help
them get back on their feet.
       Every item up for chance or for
eating was donated by the market vendors
and community organizations looking
to help two of their own!
        It's nice to find "family" especially
in unexpected places.
        Hope their efforts were successful
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment