Sunday, January 29, 2023

I SHOT AN ARROW INTO THE AIR!

    MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2023

I SHOT AN ARROW INTO THE AIR!

    I joined my son D.J., his wife Charlotte,

and my grandson Anthony on an Archery

Adventure Sunday. The adventure took us

back in the woods on my son's property

and back in time in my mind. Years back,

many years back, I taught archery at the

Hazleton YMCA. The sport has changed

a lot since then as technology caught up

with and passed equipment that's been

around since 10,000BC! Still, it's basically

a bow and arrows. I found my old bow a

little harder to pull than I remember. And

the feathers on my home made arrows look

a bit worn after sitting in our shed for many

years. I was still able to hit the target a few

times and my grandson seems to be picking

up on the sport fairly quickly. It was great

to be outdoors and we were able to get my

lesson and target practice done in plenty of

time to get home and watch the Eagle's

Playoff Game!  Our granddaughter was

visiting a friend for the day but she's got

her own bow now too so I suspect we'll

be out there on our range again soon! I need

the practice too. I'm not as good as I used

to be but...I AIM to improve! Hope you're

right on target and that all your NEWS is

good!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment