Thursday, August 17, 2023

BAD POETRY DAY!

 


    FRIDAY, AUGUST 18TH., 2023
            BAD  POETRY DAY!

     August 18th is "Bad Poetry Day!"
    Heaven knows we've all heard our share
of bad poetry over the years. I've written
plenty myself!
     Little birdie in the cage, How I wonder
what your age..........is. I tried to pass that
off as blank verse.
     There have probably been a million
bad poems beginning with the line "Roses
are red." They're still coming up with new
ones!
      My first exposure came from my uncle
who was fond of repeating  "Little Billy
hung his sister. She was gone before they missed
her. Always up to naughty tricks, little Billy's
only 6."
      So think of some poetry,
You really should. It may make your day 
and your NEWS seem good!       

          

No comments:

Post a Comment