Tuesday, August 22, 2023

SCHOOL DAYS...THE OLD WAY!

   WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2023

   SCHOOL DAYS...THE OLD WAY!

   I noticed when checking my list of

unusual holidays that August is listed as

"Back To School Month." If that means

it's time to think about buying the 

pencils and tablets and picking out nice

classroom duds I'm OK with that. But

the fact is, August has become actual

back to school month and I've got some

issues with that. Back in"my day" school

always started up again after Labor Day.

I had some of the family at Knoebels

Amusement Park this week. Several rides

and stands were closed. Nobody to man

them! One worked I spoke with said the

staff was being cup quickly as college 

and High School students returned to

the classroom. I'm sure other business

places are affected too. And to the best

of my recollection we did very little

the first few days we were back in class

and nearly nothing during the last week

of two each academic year! I'm all for

getting ready! But as for actually going

back to school I still favor the "after

Labor Day approach. Hope you're well,

back to school or not, abd that all your

NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment