Thursday, September 21, 2023

DEAR DIARY!

    FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2023

                 DEAR DIARY!

     Today is "Dear Diary Day." It is a

day to appreciate, and perhaps, re-read

all those daily thoughts and happenings

that marked your life. Diaries are usually

associated with women, especially young

women. But for all my years in Television

news I kept a daily record of the stories I

covered. Unfortunately in many cases

each story was noted with a general title

like "Fire in Scranton." I didn't have

enough space to list specifics. (Of course

the scripts from each story are buried

somewhere in the newsroom.) My other

problem was legibility, or the lack there of!

Some of my writing is hard to read. I can

tell you, however, that on September 22,

of 2006 I did a story about the Department

of Environmental Resources planning to

clean up areas where illegal dumping was

taking place as well as a story about 

Governor Ed Rendell coming to Scranton

to announce an educational grant. There 

was also a story about  fight at an area 

Hot Dog stand. Wish I knew more about

that one. Anyway take a lesson from

me. If you're keeping a Diary write

legibly and be specific so you'll be

able to remember what you were

writing about 14 years later! Hope

you do and that all your NEWS is

good!  

remembered more about that one!


No comments:

Post a Comment