Saturday, September 16, 2023

STILL IN THE GAME!

   SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2023

         STILL IN THE GAME

    Well I've done it again my friends!

I've circled the sun! Today is my Birthday!

A lot has changed since I came into this

world! When I was born the average house

cost under $4,000. A new car sold for less

than a thousand and you could gas it up

for about 15cents a gallon! Of course

to have the same buying power of $100

back then you'd need $1900 today!

When I turned 75 I wrote about being in

"the last quarter" of this game of life. I

thought you might like to see it again.

      STILL IN THE GAME

  I still here in the line up

  as my game of life goes on.

  I realize it's 4th quarter.

  And the time is nearly gone.


  There's been a lot of sunshine

  and, of course, a little rain.

  But I still look forward to each play.

  Cause I really love the game!


  I miss some fellow players

  who have left the field of play.

  But in my heart I'm certain

  that we'll meet again someday!


  I've got to do the best I can

  For a Win is not a lock.

  And I can't afford to waste my time

  For I cannot see the clock!


  I don't know if there's minutes left

  Or years, or months, or days.

  But I'll give the game the best I can

  In each and every play.


  And when my game has ended

  I'm hoping you can tell

  Not only just the final score.

  But if I've played it well! 


   When I first published my poem

an old friend, Taylor Sappe, decided

to put it to music. You can hear it by

going to Music For World Peace Records.

My Thanks to each and every one of

you for the Birthday wishes you have

been sending. They are much

appreciated! And my wish for all of

you continues....may all your NEWS

be good! 

 


   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment