Monday, March 11, 2024

CANDLES ON THE COOKIES!

   TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2025

 CANDLES ON THE COOKIES?

   Guess who's 112 years old today? It's

the Girl Scouts. Well, not the girls. It's
the Girl Scout Organization! I don't
believe any of the original members
are still around.
    Juliette Gordon Low started the first
 Girl Scout group in Savannah Georgia 
with 18 girls on March 12th., 1912.
That was a month before the Titanic
went down!
    Girl Scouting runs in our family
although I've never been one myself.
I was a Scout for awhile. A Cub
Scout.
      My wife was a Scout Leader
when my daughters were involved in
the program and both of our older
granddaughters were Girl Scouts
for a time. Our youngest granddaughter

was a girl scout and our daughter-in-law
helped with the meetings and activities
in her troop.
      These days there are Boy Scout
Troops that are enrolling girls. 
However you feel about that it
probably would have kept me in
Scouting a lot longer if they did
it when I was a Cub!
       Thankfully, one tradition
remains unchanged. The Girl
Scouts still sell cookies! 
       Hope you're ordering
some from your favorite
Girl Scout and that all your
NEWS is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment