Monday, March 4, 2024

WORTH RECORDING?

 TUESDAY. MARCH 5, 2024

      WORTH RECORDING?

   I was checking my listing of unusual

"holidays" in March and discovered

that the entire month is "Play the

Recorder Month!" I got excited and

pulled out my hand sized cassette

recorder and a couple cassette tapes

to enjoy some popular music. Unfortunately

the batteries were as old as the tapes

and it wouldn't play. That's probably

just as well because the "recorder" we

are being encouraged to play is

actually that small flute-like instrument

many of us were introduced to in

elementary school. We've probably

all tried one or heard our kids or

grandkids do their best to try to

play classics like "Twinkle twinkle

little star" or the like. I decided to 

celebrate by digging out a 

recorder we've had at the house

for many years. I tried a few note

but put it away after my wife told

me the cassette machine, the one

that didn't work, sounded better!

There's no accounting for musical

taste around here! Hope you're

hitting all the right notes and

that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment