Saturday, April 27, 2024

TIME FOR A RHYME!

    SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 2024

           TIME FOR A RHYME!

    This is "Poem In Your Pocket Day!"

April is National Poetry Month and each

year one day during the month is picked

as Poem In Your Pocket Day. It's a day

to encourage poetry reading and to share

pomes in person or on line. In honor of

the day I've decided to get serious and

share one of my pomes as part of my

Blog. I've written a number of poems.

Tow have been turned into songs and

I won a poetry contest aboard a train

in Canada a few years back. Today I'd

like to share a poem I call "The Stories

My Picture Tell." Here it is:

   The Stories My Pictures Tell

   I find myself looking at photos

   of times that I call "used-to-bes."

   They carry me back to days now long gone.

   And revive loving memories.

   Some that I see show small children.

   That now stand much tallen that I.

   Some are of family no longer around

   that may well bring a tear to my eye.

   All make a treasure more precious than gold. 

   But don't lock it away in some case!

   They're meant to be shared and meant to be seen

   So those memories cannot be erased.

    Take new ones whenever the chance comes along.

    So that someday when "this time" is old,

    Others may look at the memories you've shared,

    And learn from the stories you've told.   

    My photos will be here long after I'm gone.

    Please look at them once in awhile.  

    Remember the Love that went into each one.

    Then remember me too, with a smile!     


    If that's too calm for you keep in mind I'm

also the guy who wrote:  "Little Birdie in the

cage. How I wonder what your age.......is."

I call that blank verse. Enjoy Poem In Your

Pocket Day and may all your NEWS be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment