Monday, July 16, 2018

MY DAY OFF!


    TUESDAY, JULY 17TH., 2018
              MY DAY OFF!

     It might seem strange reading that
a "retired" guy took a day off. But that's
exactly what I did Monday.
      My weekly program on Electric City
Television was pre-recorded and my wife
and I weren't scheduled to host any trips
for Travelworld this week so the schedule
was free.
       Usually that might have lead to a top
down drive in the Miata but those near
90 temperatures and the extremely high
humidity makes breathing a bit difficult
for me. Since I enjoy breathing quite a lot
I decided to do it inside near the air
conditioner
         How could I ever expect the
decision would link me up with an old
friend! But there he was! On my television
in old fashion black and white!
         Roy Rogers! King of the Cowboys!
         It's been 20 years since Roy rode off
into the sunset and many more since he
and his wife Dale Evans graced a TV or
movie theater screen. But Roy used to
attract me to my neighborhood theater
every time one of his adventures was
featured on the big screen. I loved
seeing him and his faithful horse
"Trigger." Dale was OK but I didn't
much go for those mushy scenes
between them!
           Looking back most of the plots
were nearly identical. But I never really
noticed back then. Perhaps their simplicity
was part of the charm. It wasn't until I
got older that I started to wonder how
all those cowboys were getting 30 and 40
shots out of their 6 shooters!
            You could always tell the bad guys
from the good guys (usually by the color
of their hats). And, in the end, the good guys
always won the day!
             In his westerns Roy was always the
good guy. It was really great to share some
90 minutes with him on my day off. It
brought back a lot of good memories!
              Hope all your trails are happy and
all your NEWS is good!      
           

No comments:

Post a Comment