Thursday, February 7, 2019

BE PREPARED!


  FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH., 2019
               BE PREPARED!

   Happy Birthday to the Boy Scouts!
On February 8, 1910, Chicago publisher William
Dickson Boyce filed incorporation papers in the
District of Columbia to create the Boy Scouts of
America.
   Of course the Boy  Scouts, as an organization, 
was actually formed in Great Brittan several years
earlier.
    I never made it to Boy Scouts here or in England
but I was a Cub Scout, a Lion as I recall.
    I remember going to meetings at the home of
one of my friends. His mom was our Den Mother.
We did all kinds of crafts and worked on badges.
I wanted one that would make me a policeman
but that wasn't one of the options.
    I even remember making my first trip to New
York City, on a train, by myself, in my Cub Scout
uniform! My Dad met me at Penn Station in New
York. All the attendants on the train watched out
for me. I guess they all liked a guy in uniform!
    We didn't have any girls in Cub Scouts back
then. That may have played a role in my short
scouting career!
    I don't remember a heck of a lot more about my
Cub Scouting days except that I learned the salute,
and our moto, "Be Prepared."
    I always figured that was good advice for
anyone whether they be a scout or not.
    Hope you're always prepared and that all
your NEWS is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment