Wednesday, February 20, 2019

SPIT IT OUT!


    THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST., 2019
                      SPIT IT OUT!

      I believe I first heard that phrase, "Spit
it out," sometime during my illustrious Grade
School career. It later evolved into something
I heard in the movies as Detectives interrogated
a witness or suspect holding out on important
information.
       I mention this because today is "The
Great American Spit Out!
       Unlike my experience with chewing
gum in school or Hollywood's police
cliché this day is dedicated to a campaign
to get people to stop using smokeless or
"chewing" tobacco. In this case they'd
like people to "spit it out" before it's ever
chewed!
        I'm not sure why anyone would take
up this habit on purpose. I've had a cigar
or two in my day and the taste of the
tobacco leaves were never especially
appealing. I'd rather have raw spinach.
And I hate spinach!
         The Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention states that some 75% of
all mouth, lip, tongue, throat, nose and
larynx cancers are due to the use of
smokeless tobacco. All that and a
lousy taste! What a combination!
          I'm going to lend my endorsement
to this unusual "holiday" and suggest
that those who are using this stuff try a
good pack of Juicy Fruit gum!
          Hope they do and that all their,
and your, NEWS is good!
          

No comments:

Post a Comment