Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW!


    WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH., 2019
             I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW!

   After a rather sleepless night I sentenced
myself to the couch for most of the day
Tuesday. Then, around 3:30, cabin fever
set in and I talked my wife into a short
ride towards Mountaintop.
     As the sun lowered in the afternoon
sky the layers of dirt on the front windshield
showed up all too well. I hit the washer switch
then watched as the wipers sent streaks of that
dirt across my vision!
      It was pretty clear, if you'll excuse the
expression, I was in need of new wipers.
      Minutes later we passed an Automotive
Supply Shop and my wife suggested it would
be a good place to stop. I agreed and would
have pulled in immediately had I not realized
how close we were to the Abe's Hot Dog
Restaurant and how close it was to our
dinner time.
        We pulled in for a couple of dogs, held
the onions on this visit, then got back in the
car.
       I would have immediately returned to
the Auto Supply Shop had I not realized
how close the hot dog place is to the
"Milk House," Mountaintop's newest
Ice Cream Shop, Everybody deserves
desert!
        So we stopped in and enjoyed some
delicious ice cream then returned to the
car.
         I remembered the Auto Supply
Shop and made sure I headed directly
there.
        My wife wanted me to ask the
guy behind the desk if he might possibly
install the new wipers. I must admit I was
reluctant to ask. After all I could do the
job myself in 6 or 7 hours.
         When he came out with me, however,
 my wife gave me one of those..."See, I told
 you it wouldn't hurt to ask" lines.
           I just smiled. You see I never had
to ask. He volunteered to do the installation
as I made the purchase!
            And, I can see clearly now!
            Hope all your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment