Friday, January 14, 2022

A TIP OF THE HAT TO YOU!

   SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2022

      A TIP OF THE HAT TO YOU!

        Now that we have evidence

that Winter really does exist, it's
time to put a lid on it! And today
is the perfect day! You see January
15th is "National Hat Day!"
     Hats have been making a comeback
in recent years. They nearly vanished
back in 1960 because of the public's
fascination with President John Kennedy
who seldom wore one.
      I always liked them and still have
an interesting collection. Most of mine
are "baseball hats" with logos of the
teams I've played for, the stations I've
worked for, the places I've visited or
the firms that handed them out for
free! Free was always a nice feature.
You'll probably be able to spot me in
a baseball cap. I'll be the one wearing
it with the brim facing forward!
      I've got a couple Western style hats
that I really like but can't always wear.
I've found, on my summertime top down
rides, that hats with large brims tend to
catch the wind and threaten to leave my
head with little notice. I would hate to
think I had caused somebody traveling
behind me to have an accident because
his or her vision was suddenly blocked
by a flying Stetson!
       Fedoras are pretty much in the
same boat or, in this case, car. I do have
an Ivy cap that works well in the wind.
Generally though I tend to favor my
Greek Fishing cap for my open air
cruising. Even if I'm not going fishing!
       Even with the sports car
covered for winter you'll still probably
see me sporting a hat....and not just on
National Hat Day. More body heat is
lost from your head than other parts of
the body. So, wearing a hat goes a long
way towards staying warm on a cold
winter's day (or night).
        Hope you'll put a lit on it, and
least through the winter, and that all
your NEWS is good!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment