Thursday, January 27, 2022

ON BORROWED TIME!

       FRIDAY, JANUARY 28, 2022

           ON BORROWED TIME1

       I suppose to be totally accurate I

really should have entitles this Blog

"On Rented Time." You see I've finally

figured out how to use the new parking

meter system the city of Pittston, and others

I'm sure, now have in place. It's not like the

old days when I started driving. Back then

you could pull up at a parking meter, put a

few pennies in and shop for a half hour or

so. These days the meters don't take pennies.

The ones I use do take nickles, dimes, quarters,

and credit cards! If you want enough time to

shop you'll probably need the card, Nobody

carries that many coins! You can call in your

license number to buy some time but you'll

need your license number and I never remember

any of my license numbers. In the municipal lot

I use there are no separate meters. Just the machine

which collects your money and issues a piece of

paper with the time marked when your time

expires. You put it in your windshield and hope

the meter reader can read it when he or she shows

up. Stay too long and, just like in the old days,

you get a ticket! Ironically downtown parking

meters were one of the main reasons people

started going to malls to shop. There they could

park for free. Now, the malls are dying and the

meters, although in a new technical form, seem

to have survived! Hope your meter is filled and

that all yoru NEWS is good1

  

No comments:

Post a Comment