Thursday, June 30, 2022

LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!

         FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2022

LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!   

       It's July 1st and it's a big holiday.

But not here. The holiday is across the border

in Canada. It's CANADA DAY...marking the

combination of three territorties into one

Canada! That happened in 1867! I wanted to

help them celebrate! Canada is such a good

neighbor and they've given us so much!  A

Canadian, Marcellus Edson patened Peanut

paste ( Peanut butter). Canada gave us

Lacross. The Snowmobile. And it was a

Canadian surgeon, Fredrick Banting and a

medical student, Charles Best, isolated the

hormone insulin for the first time! I know a

little about Canadian products. A few years

back my old friend and colleage Derry Bird

and I went on a fishing trip to Canada. It was

raining when we arrived and we knew we'd

have to spend the night holded up in my camper.

Derry bought a 6 pack. It seems Cabadia beer

has a higher alcolol content than Americsn

beers. I had two. I think. I don't really remember.

But I know I slept well that night! Anyhow, today's

the day to toast our friends to the north. So to all

you Canadians, I hope your day is great and all

your NEWS is good! Eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment