Friday, September 16, 2022

AND THE GAME GOES ON!

  SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2022

      AND THE GAME GOES ON

    Well I've done it again my friends!

I've circled the sun! Today is my Birthday!

When I turned 75 I wrote about being in

"the last quarter" of this game of life. I

thought it was time for a follow up so I've

done one and set it to rhyme.

         

    THE GAME GOES ON!

  I still here in the line up

  as my game of life goes on.

  I realize it's 4th quarter.

  And the time is nearly gone.


  There's been a lot of sunshine

  and, of course, a little rain.

  But I still look forward to each play.

  Cause I really love the game!


  I miss some fellow players

  who have left the field of play.

  But in my heart I'm certain

  that we'll meet again someday!


  I've got to do the best I can

  For a Win is not a lock.

  And I can't afford to waste my time

  For I cannot see the clock!


  I don't know if there's minutes left

  Or years, or months, or days.

  But I'll give the game the best I can

  In each and every play.


  And when my game has ended

  I'm hoping you can tell

  Not only just the final score.

  But if I've played it well! 


   Thanks for following my posts and

Blogs! Hope all your NEWS is good! 


   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment