Wednesday, September 14, 2022

I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE!

        THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2022

  I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE!

   I hear it through the grapevine. Or, rather, email.

The modern equivalent of the grapevine! Blue 

Ridge Estate Winery was looking for a few

volunteers to help with a grape harvest. I was

intrigued. I've enjoyed the wines at these

vinyards so why not pitch in to help get somemore

made? My wife and I headed out firsty thing in

the morning and arrived even before a few staff

members and other volunteers showed up. The

assignment was to harvest as many of the Aromella

graps as possible. Their juices will enhance other

wine products naturally without adding sugar.

We were given shears with which to trim the

grapes from their vines (my wife, ever prepared,

brought her own). We were able to pitch in for

about an hour and our cuttings, coupled with

those of the other volunteers will produce

about 50 gallons of juice. It wasn't very

difficult and, in fact, proved to be a lot of

fun for the time we were there. I am still

convinced there is a huge vat somewhere

on the property where sdme bear-footed

women are waiting to mash those grapes

into a liquid form! No one would admit

to that! But I'm looking forward to

sampeling the new wine once it's

bottled and ready for comsumption!

Hope you're well and that all your

NEWS is good!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment