Saturday, September 10, 2022

AREN'T GRANDPARENTS GRAND!

    SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2022

   AREN'T GRANDPARENTS GRAND!

   Just in case you didn't already know, this

is Grandparents Day! You know. Your Mom

and Dad's Mom and Dad! If you're lucky

enought to have grandparents around give

them a hug. Or a phone call to say "Hi!"

I never knew eithet of my grandfathers.

Both had passed long before I was born.

My Dad's Mom died when I was about

3 so most of my memories of her come

from photographs. My Mom's Mom, however,

lived in an apartment above our home till I

was in about 5th grade. I spent a lot of time

with her when I was in those grade school

years. We'd play dominos and checkers

and usually munch on some cheese. I've

tried to be a good grandpa to our six

grandkids (and several exchange students

who have become like grandkids to my

wife and me. I guess it's worked out OK 

because I even got "promoted!" I was trying

to explain to our youngest grandson that my Dad

was his Great Grandfather. He insisted

that was me because, as he put it, "You're

great." I suppose, in that case, that does

make me a "Great Grandpa!" I hope that's

truly the case and that all your NEWS is

good!      

No comments:

Post a Comment