Sunday, October 2, 2022

AGNES GOES TO THE DRIVE IN!

   MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2022

AGNES GOES TO THE DRIVE IN!

   I spent a lot of time at Drive In Theaters

as I was growing up. My Dad was a

projectionist who worked at several. I

wonder how he would have felt to be on

the job at the Moonlight Drive In in West

Wyoming Sunday night to see me on the

big screen?! The feature attraction was

the brilliant documentary on the 50th

anniversary of the tropical storm Agnes

flood which destroyed homes and businesses

in Wyoming Vally in 1972. I played a roll in

the movie recounting my work as Public

Information Officer for Luzerne County

Civil Defense during the emergency. I

was interviewed for the documentary which

was produced by Alan Stout and Directed by

Bob Savakinus with editing by Tim Novotney

and included historical consulant Tony Brooks.

After the showing one of those who attended

told me "I thought it was good and you were

nice and you did a job job when you were, like,

in the movie so, that was pretty cool!"

I thought that was a very kind statement

coming from my 7-year-old Grandson who

attended the showing with his Dad, my son.

Neither, of course, were actually around when

Anges hit! I explained to my grandson that

I had to play myself in the mivie because

Brad Pitt wasn't available! Hope you got 

to see it and that all your NEWS is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment