Saturday, October 15, 2022

IN HONOR OF NOAH!

   SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2022

        IN HONOR OF NOAH!

   Hi gang! I'm taking a break from vacation

(a very short break) to make sure you are 

aware this is "Dictionary Day!" October

16th was selected as the perfect date as it

was the birthday of Noah Webster, considered

to be the father of the American Dictionary.

Mr. Webster began work on his dictionary

when he was 43-years-old. It took him 27

years to complete his work. But, in reality,

work on the dictionary never really stopped.

New words continue to be added every

year. "Zoom" is a good example. The

new use for the word Zoom has to do with

computer generated meetings between

various people as opposed to "zoom"

as in very fast speed. 15 new words have

been added to the 2022 dictionary already.

I'd tell you what those words are but I 

can't. I can't look them up because I

don't know who to spell them! I've been

telling my teachers that for years. But

they kept sending me to the dictionary.

Maybe I'll just Goggle them! Hope you're

up to date on your words and that all

your NEWS is good! 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment