Monday, October 17, 2022

LOOKING SHARP!

 TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2022

         LOOKING SHARP!

   This is truly a day for looking sharp

gentlemen. October 18th is "International

Necktie Day!" Ties date back as far as the

30 Years War in 1618 when soldier's uniforms

included a type of tie as neck protection. It

evolved, of course, into a common piece of

attire for gentlemen. I have an extensive

collection of neckties. I wore one nearly

everyday when I was in broadcasting. Even

when I was in radio! These days I only wear

them for special occasions like weddings

and funerals. I suppose I ought to wear

them more often. People seem to miss

them on me. Just last week when I was

singing Karaoke on our cruise I heard a

lot of people shouting about throwing

a necktie party for me, Unfortunately

the cruise was coming to an end so I

couldn't stick around for that. Anyhow

today is the perfect day to "tie one on"

so I hope you will, and that all your

NEWS is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment