Monday, February 20, 2023

DO-NUT MISS THIS DAY!

     TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2023

         DO-NUT MISS THIS DAY!

   This is "Fasnacht Day! I was telling my

grandson Anthony about this unique

"holiday" and its history. He did a double

take at the word "Fasnacht" having never

heard it before in all of his 7 long years.

I explained its German origin and how the

Pennsylvania Dutch brought the tradition

here to the United States.The Germans

liked to enjoy delicious pastries the day

before Ash Wednesday when Lent begins.

A lot of people will be shopping for

Fasnachts today! I asked Anthony if he

might like one. But he said .."No. I'd

rather have a donut!" Now I've got to

explain what "A rose by any other name"

means. Hope you enjoy your Fasnacht

today and that all your NEWS is good!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment