Friday, February 24, 2023

I'M AWFULLY FOND OF YOU!

   


      SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH., 2023
          I'M AWFULLY FOND OF YOU!

    It's February 25th everybody.
    Just so you're all aware today is
"Rubber Ducky Day!"
    It was on this date in 1970 that Sesame.
Street's Muppet character "Ernie" (voiced
by Jim Henson) first sang the tune
dedicated to his favorite bath time toy!
    It was so popular they recorded a
45rpm record which actually hit number.
16 on Billboard Magazine's Hot 100 Hits!
    I happen to be the proud owner of a
Rubber Ducky. In fact I may even have
two! My 7-year-old grandson has
discovered one of those Crane machines.
where a dollar lets you play until you
win. And the prize bin is filled with, you.
guessed it, Rubber Duckies! He's given.
me a couple of his prizes!
      I must admit, since he's the one who.
gifted me, I'm awfully fond of my
Rubber Duckies!
      I think I'll put them in a place of
honor today. Right in front of me on the
table while I eat a couple eggs!
      I just love these special days! Hope
you do too and that all your NEWS is
good!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment