Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Going Bananas!

  It all started with a visit to the Hometown Market Wednesday. Only a few produce stands were open and it was getting towards the end of their day. I spotted some Hugh boxes of Bananas and noticed they were marked 5$. My wife balked at the thought assuming they were all past their prime. But when the market guy say 40 pounds for three bucks even she rethought the prospect. As close as we could tell from a general examination of the bananas we could see in the box most looked pretty good! So I did the deal and plugged the 40 pounds box to the trunk of our car. Upon arrival at home we were pleasantly surprised to find most of our product was in pretty good shape. The few that were aging a little too much were mashed for banana bread. I peeled bunch after bunch and my wife wrapped them for storage in our freezer. I didn't used to eat bananas. I figured after you took off the skin and threw away the bone there was nothing left. But guess what? It's not a bone!!!! And it taste great. Fresh or frozen. Lesson learned. Hope you're getting your share of bananas and that all your NEWS is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment