Sunday, February 12, 2023

THE EAGLE HAS (CRASH) LANDED~

    MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2023

THE EAGLE HAS (CRASH) LANDED

   Well a whole bunch of family and

friends gathered at my daughter and son-

in-law's house Sunday to watch the Super

Bowl and cheer on the Philadelphia Eagles.

After consuming tgons of food and cheering

wildly when the Eagles scored first most

everyone had an overwhe;ming feeling of

confidence. I didn't. Though I don't follow

football all that closely I had a very uneasy

feeling that suggested "our team" was playing

less than its very best. With the score close

throughout much of the game that feeling

seemed to grow. And with just seconds left

it became very clear that this was not going

to be a night for the eagle to score...that is..

soar! I was looking for something positive

tio take away from the game. But the only

thing that came to me was the thought I

might be expected to climb a pole if the

Eagles had won. We've only got one old

telephone pole close by with a street lamp

on top and, I suppose, a lot of splinters

sticking out of that wood. Not having to

climb it is. I admit, a relief. And oh, one

other good thing. There are a lot of left

overs! Hope you enjoyed the game and

that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment