Tuesday, February 14, 2023

MY STORY!

   WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2023

                       MY STORY!

      I spent the better part of my adult life

writing stories as a news reporter. All of

those stories were about "somebody else."

But at Christmas in 2021 my daughter

gave me a subscription to a company

called "Storyworth." Each week

throughout 2022 I was given a question

about my own life. What my childhood

was like. What my home was like. What

growing up was like in my neighborhood.

Each of the questions sparked memories.

Some of events I had nearly forgotten.

The answers to those questions formed

a history of me and my family. I might

have asked similar questions to people

when I was a news reporter. But this

time the story was about me. It's not

a novel for the masses but my kids,

and grandkids, and their kids may get

some interesting family history from

it. There are stories about some of the

major stories I covered over the years

and a few surprises here and there. To

prove it came from me there's also

some typos typical of my writing. It

was a fun experience and though it's

not "Gone With The Wind" it's finally

a story by and about me and that makes

me kind of happy. Thanks to my

daughter Cassie and Storyworth for

making it possible. Maybe I'll include

a few of the stories in the blog every

now and then! Hope you're sharing

your stories with the family and that

all your NEWS is good!


 


not 

No comments:

Post a Comment