Monday, October 26, 2020

ANCHORS AWEIGH!

    TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27 th, 2020

              ANCHORS AWEIGH!


    I want to make sure you're all aware this

is "Navy Day. " Not the Navy Birthday. That;s

October 13th. Navy Day is a separate tribute

set up by the Navy League and always observed

on October 27th, the birthday of Teddy Roosevelt,

a strong supporter of the U.S. Navy. I was not in

the Navy but I have several friends who  are

Navy veterans and I salute them for their service.

I feel somewhat akin to them today because for

awhile I had my own fleet! There was my pontoon

boat and one of those small paddle boats we kept

at our camper by the lake. They're both gone now

but I still have my Flagship! It's an 8 foot Jon boat

I call John Buoy!      It will take me just about

anywhere as long as I can row! Hope it's smooth

sailing for you and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment