Friday, February 12, 2021

TURN YOUR RADIO ON!

    SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13th, 2021

           TURN YOUR RADIO ON!


   This is World Radio Day! So proclaimed by

the United Nations in 2011. It recognizes the

ability of radio to reach people all over the

world, even in places unreachable by other

media. I started my long broadcasting career in

radio in 1959. But back then radio was very local.

The first station I worked for broadcast the local

mine working schedules and even area birth

announcements. The DJ's were all local talking

around local events and local people. These

days most DJ's come into your home via

satellite broadcasting from a studio somewhere

far away. I have found one station that's not

only local but pretty darn dependable/ It's the

Weather radio station that gives me the forecast

25/7/ Glad there's still one "local" station left

on my dial! Hope you tune in from time to time

and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment