Monday, May 29, 2023

SO...WHAT NOW?

    TUESDAY, MAY 30, 2023

        SO...WHAT NOW?

   Through most of my growing up

years May 30th was Memorial Day.

Although I first knew it as "Decoration

Day." But this "rose by any other name"

was always observed on the 30th. Then

somebody made the decision to give

Federal workers a few long weekends

and Memorial Day was added to the

list. This year it was observed on May

29th. So, what now? Well, as it happens,

May has a long list of unofficial

holidays and all we have to do is choose

the one we'd like to celebrate. It is, for

instance, Clean Air Month. But, ironically,

it's also Allergy Month.I'm not so sure

just how clean the air is because my

allegories have been acting up. It's

Safe Electrical Month but after looking

at all the appliances I've go plugged

into the outlets in our spare room I'm

not sure I'd qualify for any safety

certificates. My wife said she told 

me this was National Hearing Month,

but I never heard her! It's High Blood

Pressure Awareness Month but I'm

not so sure I want to win the award

for the highest pressure!  May is also

Mystery Month. Why? I don't know.

If I did it wouldn't be a mystery!

Well, there you have a few choices

from which to choose. Don't waste

May 30th. Pick a holiday and celebrate.

Hope you do and that all your NEWS

is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment