Thursday, June 15, 2023

RIDING RIGHT!

     FRIDAY, JUNE 16, 2023

          RIDING RIGHT!

   I went the rodeo yesterday but

there wasn't a bronco or brahma

bull in sight! You see this was a

"Bike Rodeo!" The Jackson Twp.

Police Department and Scout

Pack 281 got together to let area

kids have some fun on their

bicycles while learning some

important safety lessons at the

same time! A lot has changed

since I first hit the road on a

two wheeler. The first bike I

rode was inherited from my big

brother. I was a mass of steel

that probably weighed just a

little less than my dad's Buick!

The only helmets available

those days were left over

from World War Two and

weighted just a little less than

the bikes! I'm glad today's

youngsters have access to kid

sized bikes and safety helmets

that don't weigh a ton but still

offer protection. I hope the kids

who took part in this rodeo 

learned a little bit about safety 

as well as respect for the police

officers and Scout leaders who

took the time to show they really

care. Hope you're riding safely

and that all your NEWS is good. 





No comments:

Post a Comment