Wednesday, May 11, 2022

LIMERICK DAY!

    THURSDAY, MAY 12, 2022

           LIMERICK DAY!

    Time to observe another of those

unofficial and unusual holidays I love

to tell you about. May 12th is "Limerick

Day." It marks the birthday of Edward

Lear to was know for the limericks he

wrote in the late 1800's. Limerick is

actually a well known city in Ireland,

But the "limerick" we're observing today

is a 5 line verse, usually humerous, in

which the first two and last line rhyme

as do the third and forth lines. Here. I'll

try one! 

   If I wrote a limerick today,

   I'm not certain of what I would say.

   But I won't burst your bubble,

   even though it's some trouble,

   It is the 11th of May!

 And there you have it! Hope you

enjoy Limerick Day and that all your

NEWS is good!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment