Monday, May 9, 2022

THE SENIOR CLASS!

 


    TUESDAY, MAY 10TH., 2022
           THE SENIOR CLASS!
    Before we get too darn far into May
I think it's time I reminded you this is
"Older American's Month."
    I'm certain I'm one of those older
Americans but I'm not exactly sure
when I, or you, or anybody qualifies
for the category.
    When I was a kid I was pretty sure
somebody was "old" when they were
in their 40's or 50's.
     My timeline for that observation
seemed to increase as I aged.
      I know there was a time when
the term "Senior Citizen" was used
to describe anybody over 65. But my
AARP magazine now makes note
of personalities who attain 50 years
of age or above. If they're 50 I'm still
calling them "kids!"
     Remember all those Senior Citizen
Centers? Now a days they're "Older
Active Citizen Centers."
     Whatever we "older Americans" are
being called I appreciate the fact we're
still around. As our former Pastor used
to remind us, "Everybody wants to get
to Heaven but nobody wants to leave
today!" I agree!
     Hope those of you who are older
Americans are enjoying this month
and your life and that all your NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment