Tuesday, November 27, 2018

HE WHO HESISTATES....


  WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH., 2018
            HE WHO HESITATES...….

    There was nothing on our schedule
Tuesday. The cold and chilly wind convinced
us the outside Christmas decoration project
could wait a day or so.
      I remembered an auction we came
across quite accidentally in Newfoundland
a couple years back and asked my wife it
she'd like to go back. She said yes and we
headed out on the road again. This time
my little red Miata stayed home!
       We were disappointed to find the old
auction site empty. But I remembered
seeing something about the company
involved being in the Honesdale area so
we set out to find it! And find it we did!
        I discovered a couple things
during our visit. First, there are always
a couple interesting things at auctions like
this whatever your tastes might be.
       Second, while my wife enjoys auctions
she's hesitant to raise her hand to bid!
        I spotted a telescope that looked
like a good buy but my wife was holding
the bidding number and , as she discussed
my interest, somebody bought the unit.
       Another item, one that she specifically
liked, went to other bidders while she
thought about making an offer!
       We did eventually pick up a couple
small items and give my wife credit, I
think, for getting the deal of the day.
       A lot of old chairs went up for auction
and one drew no interest. When my wife
asked about it the auctioneer told her, "Take
it."
       Of course the chair has no seat leading
one spectator to wonder if we intended to
use it as a potty. He wasn't far off! My wife
wants to use it to hold a potted plant!
         We enjoyed the experience and will
go back! Hope she's a little quicker..and
that all your NEWS is good!






No comments:

Post a Comment