Monday, November 26, 2018

WHY I MISSED THE HUNT!



   TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH., 2018
         WHY I MISSED THE HUNT!

    While thousands of my fellow males\and
a lot of women enjoyed a day in the beautiful,
though cold and rainy, forests of Pennsylvania
on the first day of deer hunting season I found
myself cooped up inside near the warm
furnace vents entertaining my grandson
(ironically by playing the part of a bear.)!
      I missed the hunt. But I have several
good reasons!
      First, the call never came! What call
you may ask? I'm glad you did.
      On Saturday I and several members
of our family attended the annual Pancake
and Sausage dinner at the Fire Company in
Unityville. Before leaving I spent a dollar
to but a ticket for the company's annual
Gun Raffle.
      The first three prizes were firearms
of various sorts. I didn't recognize the
makes or specifics. I figured they'd fill me
in when they called to tell me which I
had won. Imagine my surprise when no
one called! I know I wrote my number
very clearly!
       So, obliviously, I couldn't go hunting
because I had no gun! I don't think you're
allowed to throw rocks at the bucks.
        Admittedly there were other reasons.
I wasn't fond of the idea of sitting or
standing out in pouring cold rain all
day. Then there is the fact I don't have
a license. That played into it as well!
         If I had won one of those neat
weapons it would have been a different
story. I would have spent the day inside
bragging about me finally winning
something.
          I have never been a hunter. Even
back in the days when I used to teach
Archery!
          But hunters please note, although
I do not hunt I do enjoy a good venison
steak! Let me know if you need my
address!
           Hope you're all dry by now and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment