Friday, November 23, 2018

WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS!


  SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 24TH., 2018
         WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS!

    My wife sent me to the bank Friday
afternoon. We needed a couple actual
dollars for our pockets and she tells me
we keep what we have there.
     She gave me a withdrawal slip. It's
a piece of paper on which you list your
account number as well as the amount of
your money you'd like to take out. You
give it to the clerk who then,as I remembered
it, gave you your money.
       Since it was our last withdrawal slip
my wife asked me to get a couple of those
too. But the clerk said I couldn't have any!
You'd think I had asked her for extra money!
Or gold!
        According to the bank's new policy, as
she explained it, you're to get and fill out
your withdrawal slip right in front of them
so they know the request is from you.
         Since my wife had filled out the only
slip we had, and signed it, the bank wouldn't
accept it! The clerk handed me one new, blank
slip, and asked that I fill it out.
         Fortunately I hadn't yet torn up the one
my wife made out because I had no idea of
what our account number was. I just copied
the numbers from my wife's paperwork,
signed it and, finally, got my money. In retrospect
I probably should have kept the pen!
          I suppose if I had to go ot to the car
to get those numbers they wouldn't have
accepted the slip since I didn't fill it out
right in front of them.
           Of course it's a lot easier if you're
putting your money in! Wonder why that is?
            Hope the bank increases our interest
rate with all the money it's saving of withdrawal
paper....and that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment