Sunday, November 24, 2019

DINNER PREPS!


   MONDAY, NOVEMJBER 26TH., 2019
               DINNER PREPS!

     I don't remember just when my wife and
daughter made the deal. But I do know it was
a week or so ago when my wife told me we'd
be going to a spaghetti dinner yesterday. My
daughter picked up the tickets in advance so
we were all set.
     It was a benefit and I had no objection to
going. But I did have a few questions in my
own mind,
    The first was what shirt I'd wear. I have
frequently been attacked by spaghetti and
spaghetti sauce at similar functions so I
wanted to be prepared.
       Usually I'd select something red. Hopefully
a shade that might blend in with the sauce.
On Sunday, however, I threw caution to the
wind and wore black.
        My second concern was whether this
was only to be a spaghetti dinner or a
spaghetti and meatball dinner? You can't
just assume these things.
        I was thrilled when my plate arrived
with two very large meatballs set atop a
pile of manicotti-time pasta that didn't
require me to wind long strands of spaghetti
around my fork and pick the extra pieces
off my trousers!
       I probably could have worn a white
shirt!
       I only missed a dash or two of pure
Italian Olive oil in which to dip my bread.
Unfortunately my wife's bottle was
confiscated by a security guard at the
Barcelona airport who is undoubtedly
enjoying it with his dinner.
        Hope all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment