Saturday, November 16, 2019

NO RAIN IN SPAIN!


   SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH., 2019
                NO RAIN IN SPAIN!

    The sun was rising over the Spanish
island of Palma de Mallorca as our
Travelworld tour of Europe continued
ast week.
     It was a day to be filled with fun,
food, and a few missing tourists!
     My wife and I elected to sign up
for an off ship excursion which
included a delicious meal of local
specialties that surprised us both.
      My wife was surprised that I tried
all that was offered since I'm usually
pretty much of a meat and potatoes
guy. I was surprised because I liked
everything I tried. Especially the olives
which were fresh off of area trees.
       Our excursion also included a
visit to a factory which turns glass into
beautiful pearls! You got to watch the
process then, of course, spend some
time in the adjoining sales room where
those pearls are sold in a variety of
settings. This was a "women's stop."
      Unfortunately one of those women
did a lot of window shopping. 15 minutes
after our scheduled departure time she
wasn't there. 30 minutes later...still a
no show. After 45 minutes our guide
finally decided to g back in the store
to hunt her down. She, our missing
person, came out without a bag or
merchandise or an apology for
holding everybody else up!
       Now well behind on our
schedule we just had enough time .
to stop by for photos at the beautiful
Palma Cathedral.
        I, and one woman, stayed back
at a meeting point which some of
the group walked around for
different vantage points. When they
returned the woman's friend was not
with the group. The assumption was
she had returned to the bus on her
own. Wrong!  We were one person
short at the bus and time was running
out. The gal decided to wait behind
for her friend and catch the next
available excursion bus back to ourt
ship.
      I never did find out of they made
it but my pictures turned out well!
And I just have to wonder, was there
any connection with these problems
and the fact our driver bore a remarkable
resemblance to "Michael Scott" who
ran "The Office" on TV?
       Next stop, Barcelona! Hope
all your NEWS is good.






   














No comments:

Post a Comment