Thursday, November 28, 2019

WHO'S GOT MY NUMBER?


   FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29TH., 2019
        WHO'S GOT MY NUMBER?

   We got two Thanksgiving telephone calls
yesterday. But they weren't holiday greetings!
    A pleasant, but deliberate, voice informed
me that my social security number "has been
compromised." Well, I guess it was mine
anyway. Two of us live here and we both
have social security numbers.
     The caller, a recording, simply said
"your number" has been compromised.
It didn't say which "you."
     The voice then went on to tell me to
call an investigating agent at a particular
telephone number.
     I suppose the investigator couldn't
call himself since it was Thanksgiving
and most Federal Agencies that I'm
aware of were closed for the day.
     That's the reason I didn't call back
too. Why call this poor detective away
from his turkey?
      Maybe he'll call himself now that
the holiday is over and we can find
the turkey who has compromised
my number. Or my wife's. Unless it
was just a wrong number. The call I
mean.
     Hope all your NEWS is good!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment