Monday, May 27, 2024

STUNG BY "THE BEE!"

 TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2024

  STUNG BY "THE BEE!"

 The annual Scripts National Spelling

Bee gets underway in Maryland today!

It's a competition among students that

started when nine newspapers got 

together to start the contest back in

1925! I've never been very good at

spelling. It may date back to my

school days when I was spelling a

wood incorrectly and a teacher gave

me a rap with a ruler! It wasn't

even a Nun! The Catholic kids told

me you could expect that from them!

It got scary when we went to closed

captioning in news! Suddenly I had

to make sure all my news scripts 

were spelled correctly. Fortunately

the same computer I used to type

those scripts included a built in

"Spell Check system." That saved

me a number of times!! I wish the

best to all the students participating

in the Scripts National Spelling Bee.

As for me, I think I'll sit this one

out a spell! Hope you're well and

that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment