Sunday, December 27, 2020

A TICKET TO THE PAST!

 MONDAY, DECEMBER 28th, 2020

       A TICKET TO THE PAST!

   My wife and I joined my son, daughter-in

law, and two grand kids on a train trip Sunday.

We rode the last excursion, for this season.

from Jim Thorpe along the Lehigh Gorge

State Park trail. It's a major attraction that

brings thousands of tourists to the area each

year. And we almost lost it! The excursion was

halted for awhile over a dispute between the

railroad and the community over taxes/

Fortunately the dispute was settled and we

found ourselves enjoying the scenery along

the Gorge trail and the Lehigh River! It

brought back special memories for me because

some of the rail on which were were riding

once served the Black Diamond, a train my

family and I used to take to New York City

often in days gone by! Train travel haas

always appealed to me. All you have to

do is sit back and relax. Make you feel like

life is on the right track! Hope you'll give it

a try and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment