Wednesday, December 23, 2020

THE GHOSTS OF CHRISTMAS PAST!

   THURSDAY, DECEMBER 24th, 2020

  THE GHOSTS OF CHRISTMAS PAST!

     Christmas is just a day away now and

I'm excited. I like Christmas! But even through

there's no "Humbug" around here I will admit

I find myself visited by the ghosts of Christmas

past from time to time. I remember Christmas

morning when my brother and I ran to the

Christmas tree Christmas morning to see what

Santa had left for us. There was always an

electric train running around that tree. I remember

skating at a local pond with family members. I

had to depend on my big brother to keep me upright

most of the time. And I remember family members,

now long gone, who were part of our Christmas

gatherings when I was growing up. This year my

niece surprised me with an old toy Ferris Wheel,

a gift to me on one of those Christmas days so long

ago. After my Dad passed away the toy ended up

in my sister-in-law's house as a treasured antique.

She passed away this year and my niece was kind

enough to see that it came back to me. We shouldn't

live in the past. But it's a nice place to visit, especially

around Christmas. Hope you'll make some new

memories this year and that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment