Monday, August 22, 2022

FRIENDS!

   TUESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2022

                    FRIENDS!

   I've heard it said that one can't have too

manhy friends. I, however, am rethinking

that thought! I have thousands of "Friends"

on Facebook. It began with a corps group

of good friends and family then expanded

to friends of friends and family. I've added

hundreds of people who followed me through

the years on television and even radio. And

I get several requests from people who want

to be added to my Facebook Friend's List

every single day. I automatically turn

down those requests when they

some from people in other countries with

whom I have no connection at all. This past 

week though I received Friend Requests

from two very old friends.

It's nice to reconnect with freinds you haven't

seen or heard from in a long time. But I have

to tell you I have rejected those requests. I'm

afraid if I reconnect they'll want me to come

to visit or set up a date for lunch. Invitations

such as those may sould appealing but, as it

happens, both of those requests come from

old friends who passed away within the last

year or so! Unless Facebook has expanded

beyond this world I'm thinking those requests

are not sincere! Hope you're still my friend

and that all your NEWS is good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment