Friday, August 12, 2022

The family

 Well our summer vacation in Wildwood New Jersey is just about over. For the past week I have been bringing you reruns of  blogs posted sometime in the past. It's likely I will not have a blog tomorrow night. I will probably be driving back home at that time to relieve Carl who has been house sitting for us while we vacation. This vacation has been extra special because it has truly been a family vacation. Our children were here. Their children were here. Even or eldest grandsons fiance. A real family event. Quite rare these days except, perhaps, for a few hours we get to spend together around christmas. We've made many memories and rekindled some memories in our minds. One evening my wife and I retired early and heard laughter coming from upstairs. It was our three kids. All full grown now with kids of their own. And yet they're laughter and conviction with one another sounded so much like when they were just preteens kidding with each other back at home. Great memories rekindled, and great new memories made. If you have a chance to take a family vacation I strongly encourage you to do so. Hopefully I'll be back with a new blog on Monday if time permits. Until then I hope all your news is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment