Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Quiz Show!

   What have I got myself into this time?
 Seems I've been recruited to be part of
a QUIZ Show. But not as the announcer or
the host.
 I'm to be a contestant on...........................
"You Live Here So You Should Know This."
 It's a game show presented before a live
audience in Shopland Hall at the
Scranton Cultural Center.
 The contest is presented each year by
the Lackawanna Historical Society with
support from the Lackawanna Heritage
Valley Authority and the Northeast
Intermediate Unit 19. The Quiz Show was
created by students from the Valley
View and River Side High Schools in an
effort to increase interest in local
history. So the kids come up with all
the questions!
 The contestants try to answer to test
their knowledge of that history.
 I've never liked tests very much.
 And here's the thing. I will admit to
being 'historic.' But I'm not sure I
remember that much of what was happening
while I was aging. And since this is
a Lackawanna County effort, and I'm
from Luzerne County, I'm thinking..........
'You Don't Live Here So You Should
Have Stayed Home!"
 Yes, I did cover much of Lackawanna
County for many years. But how many
of what were my 'current events' will
translate into the student's idea
of 'history?'
 The first round of the Quiz Show was
held Friday night. My team and I are
scheduled to compete at 7 tonight.
 I'm told the questions will be
'multipal choice' so, with
a couple of competent team members,
I might have a fighting chance to
get something right.
 I think I'd feel a little better
if it was 'The Price Is Right!
 Hope all your NEWS is good!'
     

No comments:

Post a Comment