Thursday, October 7, 2021

About Face ( book)!

   Friday, October 8, 2021

      About Face (book)!

   Seems that Facebook, which I use

to publish my daily video blog, has been coming under a lot of fire lately. There are even public hearings going on to determine if the social media giant should be regulated. The controversy seems to be be centered around politics and who is determining who can or can't comment on certain issues. I remember a time in broadcasting when we were required to offer equal time to anyone who disagreed with the comments of someone we had on the air discussing some issue. That, of course, disappeared with " deregulation." Concerned over the Facebook "fire" I checked the posts I received very carefully yesterday. Of my first 21 posts, 10 we're about people celebrating birthdays, 10 concerned wedding anniversaries, and one was about a couple who just got engaged. Doesn't sound too dangerous to me. There were a few ads mixed in there too but I just skipped over them. Personally the situation strikes me very much like the broadcast media. If you don't like what you're seeing or hearing you can turn if off! Please don't t do it if you're watching my blog though! Hope you're well and that all your NEWS is good!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment