Monday, October 4, 2021

WALKING...TO SCHOOL!

   TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2021

       WALKING...TO SCHOOL!

      WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7th, 2020

          STEPPING INTO SCHOOL.


   October 7th marks one of those unusual

"holidays" that a lot or parents and kids

probably wish they could observe! It is

"International Walk To School Day!"

It was started in 1997 by the Partnership

For A Walkable America. While created

as a national observance it quickly caught

on in other countries around the world!

When I was a kid I walked to me grade

school (about 2 blocks), to my Junior

High School (about 3 blocks) and to my

High School. The High School was

about a mile hike. At least till I got my

driver's license and could borrow the car!

Last year, because of the pandemic, a walk

to school for many students involves going

from their bedroom to the kitchen or living

room, where ever their lap top was kept.

Most kids are back actually in a school

building this year and, hopefully, at least

some get a chance to walk to school.

Hope you're well, walking somewhere, and that

 all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment